Portraits, headshots, photos. I take them for other people and I love doing it. Connecting with others on a deeper level (as it usually happens during photoshoot) feeds my energy and keeps me happy.
When I get a feedback like this, I tear up:
“Wow! I’ve only managed to have a quick look at them on my phone but even at that I’m thinking there is more than one to choose from!!! This is amazing as I usually struggle to find even one that I can live with let alone like!!! Thank you so much Karolina, you are an absolute miracle worker! I have NEVER been spoilt for choice for photos before. You really are a miracle worker. ” ~ Jen
“Aww wow, I’m so super chuffed how they turned out. I usually hate my profile but I think those ones are actually my favs. Thank you for this little confidence boost .” ~ Chrissie
I tell every business owner that they can’t hide behind logo. We know that people buy from people. Guess what was in my facebook page profile space? MY LOGO!
I tried to find a photographer in the past but no one would mirror my energy (it sounds woo-woo but it’s REAL). Recently I was blessed to have been put in touch with a local photographer who I clicked with. And it was a woman (important for me, in my head only another woman would appreciate how I felt about having photos taken and about my nose). We scheduled a date to take headshots for each other.
Here is my post from before shoot:
“a brain dump from a self employed mother:
- I need to dye my hair before Thursday to get my headshots done. My husband pointed out: “You have a lot of grey hair.” A**
- I need to decide what to wear for my headshots: it needs to be professional enough but still relaxed, friendly and approachable. I hate shopping. I have nothing to wear.
- I am taking headshots of a photographer on Thursday as well. She is great. I feel like shit/not good enough/ bluffing. She took photos of Keira Knightley in the past. You get me here I hope.
- What do I wear for my headshots!? oh, I said it already.”
Guess what. I didn’t go shopping, I didn’t dye my hair. I didn’t make it a priority and so it didn’t happen.
I wore a blouse I got from local charity shop at £5 and my favourite jacket. My hair is grey at the top, brown in the middle, copper at the bottom. And you know what? I freaking LOVE my headshots! I also love headshots I took for the other photographer. We had fun and we looked weird doing it.
It was a great lesson too!
- You MUST like the person who photographs you. If you don’t like me, don’t book me please.
- I photographed the most beautiful, young, slim girls in the past. They all complained about something in them! There is always gonna be something, so let’s just do it!
- I was going to loose 10 pounds in one week, from the time we scheduled the shoot until the shoot took place. To my surprise the loosing weight didn’t happen. I LOVE my headshots anyway!
- Light is so important! The location we found wasn’t impressive at first sight, but we could see that LIGHT. In the past I was sometimes in a position to shoot in a place with light that was less than perfect because it was convenient for my models. The results weren’t optimal and I would feel disappointed. I won’t compromise on it anymore.
- Serving someone from the same industry is not easy, the comparison curse kicked in, made me doubt myself.
- I discovered that I don’t own a mascara. I guess it smudges the viewfinder and I live with the camera in my hand, so it makes sense.
- The little confidence boost from liking your own photos is not so little! I’m loving it! I want to share my headshots, write some blog posts, get some loving attention on social media.
Would you like to have an amazing set of portraits for your business? Then let’s talk!